The Greenwood Cemetery (also known as Woodland Cemetery) was located at 85th Street and Greenwood Avenue N from 1891 to 1907. The cemetery was removed and the land converted to building lots; it is unknown whether the cemetery was removed for commercial or logistical reasons.
The Greenwood Cemetery was designed to be a large cemetery. It was platted as 160 acres. The secretary for the cemetery corporation was the same H. R. Clise who was the secretary for the Mount Pleasant Cemetery on Queen Anne hill. Thus it seems plausible that Greenwood was intended as an expansion for that cemetery, located outside of the then Seattle city limits to avoid the restriction on new cemeteries within the city.
Some records indicate that this cemetery was also known as the Woodland Cemetery, and that Greenwood Avenue was named for the cemetery.