Seattle annexes South Seattle on October 20, 1905.

  • By Greg Lange
  • Posted 1/17/1999
  • HistoryLink.org Essay 731
On October 20, 1905, the Town of South Seattle is annexed to the City of Seattle. Seattle increases in size by .85 square miles.

South Seattle is an area from S Andover Street to S Brandon Street and from the Duwamish waterway to 16 Avenue S.


Sources: Myra L. Phelps and Leslie Blanchard, Public Works in Seattle A Narrative History: The Engineering Department 1875–1975. (Seattle: Seattle Engineering Department, 1978), 218, 222.

Related Topics:   Cities & Towns | Government & Politics

Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact the source noted in the image credit.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided By: The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins | Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry | 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle | City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private Sponsors and Visitors Like You