Dell Post Office opens on April 1, 1901.
On April 1, 1901, the Dell Post Office opens. Silvester J. Goffard serves as the only postmaster. On February 28, 1902, the post office closes. Dell, which no longer exists, was located 12 miles south of Seattle 2 ½ miles west of Orillia at a sawmill on Bow Lake (formerly called Pete's Lake).
- By Greg Lange
- Posted 1/01/1900
- HistoryLink.org Essay 568
Guy Reed Ramsey, "Postmarked Washington, 1850-1960," Microfilm (Olympia: Washington State Library, February, 1966), 661.
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You