On December 16, 1891, Columbia City Post Office opens. Rebecca E. Comfort is the first postmaster. The post office name changes to Columbia on July 23, 1902. Columbia City is located four miles south of the business district of Seattle within the future Seattle city limits on the west shore of Lake Washington.
On December 5, 1904, this post office closed.