On February 21, 1891, Boulevard Post Office opens. Thomas Ferguson is the first postmaster. Boulevard is located five miles northwest of the business district of Seattle in the future Interbay neighborhood at about Gilman Avenue West and West Commodore Way. The post office is situated along the Great Northern Railroad line.
On December 14, 1894, the Boulevard Post Office name changed to Interbay Post Office. Thomas Ferguson was the postmaster at the time of the name change. The post office closed on November 2, 1898.
Guy Reed Ramsey, "Postmarked Washington, 1850-1960," Microfilm (Olympia: Washington State Library, February, 1966), 634.
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You