On September 8, 1911, Children's Orthopedic Hospital opens in a brick, three-story building on Warren Avenue near Crockett Street on Queen Anne Hill. The structure is built with funds raised by the trustees of the Children's Orthopedic Hospital Association and has 29 beds. The trustees will eventually add another floor (1921), a new wing (1928), and a three-story nurses' residence (1924). In 1954, the hospital will move to Laurelhurst where it will eventually become Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center.
In 1907, 23 women gathered to form the Children's Orthopedic Hospital Association to provide for the medical needs of crippled children. With funds solicited from supporters and with doctors who donated their time, the trustees began with seven beds in the maternity ward at Seattle General Hospital. In 1908, the trustees opened the 12-bed Fresh Air Cottage on Queen Anne. The new hospital was designed by Seattle Architect Marbury W. Somervell (1872-1939).
After the hospital moved to Laurelhurst in 1954, the Queen Anne building was sold to King County and operated as a unit of the County Hospital. In the 1980s, the building became Queen Anne Manor, an assisted living residence for senior citizens.