< Browse to Previous Essay | Browse to Next Essay >
Group Health Cooperative dedicates Northgate Clinic on March 22, 1958.
HistoryLink.org Essay 7421
: Printer-Friendly Format
On March 22, 1958, Group Health Cooperative dedicates the Northgate Clinic. The clinic is designed by Paul Kirk and will win honors from the American Institute of Architects. Dr. William "Sandy" MacColl, a Group Health founder and its first pediatrician, becomes the Chief of Staff for the Northgate Clinic.
Group Health was nearly 11 years old. It had about 45,000 members, a hospital on Seattle's Capitol Hill, and a clinic in Renton.
Walt Crowley, To Serve the Greatest Number: A History of Group Health Cooperative of Seattle (Seattle: GHC/University of Washington Press, 1995), 101.
Travel through time (chronological order):
< Browse to Previous Essay
Browse to Next Essay >
Group Health |
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
By: The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You