< Browse to Previous Essay | Browse to Next Essay >
Kerriston Post Office opens on November 23, 1904.
HistoryLink.org Essay 594
: Printer-Friendly Format
On November 23, 1904, Kerriston Post Office opens. James W. Kerry is the first postmaster. The postmaster owns the Kerry Mill Company and the mail is distributed from the company store. On January 31, 1935, the post office closes. Kerriston is located 27 miles southeast of Seattle about nine miles northeast of Hobart on the Raging River along the Northern Pacific Railroad line.
Guy Reed Ramsey, "Postmarked Washington, 1850-1960," Microfilm (Olympia: Washington State Library, February, 1966), 685-687.
Travel through time (chronological order):
< Browse to Previous Essay
Browse to Next Essay >
Government & Politics |
Cities & Towns |
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
By: The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You