< Browse to Previous Essay | Browse to Next Essay >
King County Landmarks: Fall City Masonic Hall (1895), Fall City
HistoryLink.org Essay 2376
: Printer-Friendly Format
Address: 33700 SE 43rd Street, Fall City. The Masonic Hall, which stands in the heart of Fall City, has been a focus of community life for more than 100 years. The large, two-story wood frame lodge rises above the peaks and gables of the surrounding homes. Its full width front porch welcomes members and visitors. The Lodge provided a place to meet and socialize for members, who lived and worked in the Snoqualmie Valley’s isolated farms or lumber camps. In its early years, the Lodge was known as a “Moon Lodge.” Meetings were held close to the full moon so members who came from outside Fall City could travel to evening meetings by moonlight. The hall, still owned by the Masons, serves as a meeting place for community organizations and a center of community activity.
King County Landmarks and Heritage Commission.
< Browse to Previous Essay
Browse to Next Essay >
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
By: The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You