< Browse to Previous Essay | Browse to Next Essay >
King County Landmarks: Dougherty Farmstead (1888), Duvall
HistoryLink.org Essay 2367
: Printer-Friendly Format
Address: NE Cherry Valley Road, Duvall. Built in 1888 when Washington was still a territory, the Dougherty House has been at its present (2000) location since 1909. The house first stood closer to the Snoqualmie river, in the town of Cherry Valley. In 1909, when the railroad line was extended through the Snoqualmie Valley, the town’s structures were moved up the hill and Cherry Valley was renamed Duvall.
Outbuildings, including a bunkhouse (1909), garage (1919), milk cooler (1918) and milk shed (1940), were added to the farm as the Doughertys developed their dairy operation. The house, which retains many of its original interior and exterior features, is now (2000) owned by the City of Duvall and is being restored by the Duvall Historical Society.
King County Landmarks and Heritage Commission.
< Browse to Previous Essay
Browse to Next Essay >
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
By: The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You