< Browse to Previous Essay | Browse to Next Essay >
Seattle annexes South Seattle on October 20, 1905.
HistoryLink.org Essay 731
: Printer-Friendly Format
On October 20, 1905, the Town of South Seattle is annexed to the City of Seattle. Seattle increases in size by .85 square miles.
South Seattle is an area from S Andover Street to S Brandon Street and from the Duwamish waterway to 16 Avenue S.
Myra L. Phelps and Leslie Blanchard, Public Works in Seattle A Narrative History: The Engineering Department 1875–1975. (Seattle: Seattle Engineering Department, 1978), 218, 222.
Travel through time (chronological order):
< Browse to Previous Essay
Browse to Next Essay >
Government & Politics |
Cities & Towns |
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
By: The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You