< Browse to Previous Essay | Browse to Next Essay >
King Gustav proclaims Seattle's Ballard Avenue Historical District on April 11, 1976.
HistoryLink.org Essay 1423
: Printer-Friendly Format
On April 11, 1976, King Carl XVI Gustav of Sweden reads the official proclamation establishing the Ballard Avenue Historical District in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle.
He also dedicates the small park with its bell tower that stands on the site of Ballard's old city hall. The bell tower supports the original bell from that building.
Walt Crowley, National Trust Guide Seattle (New York: Preservation Press, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1998); Passport to Ballard (Seattle: Ballard News Tribune, 1988).
Travel through time (chronological order):
< Browse to Previous Essay
Browse to Next Essay >
Seattle Neighborhoods |
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
By: The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You