On December 21, 1901, Ravensdale Post Office opens. William C. Jones is appointed postmaster. The original post office building is located 300 feet west of the Ravensdale Railroad depot.
Ravensdale was a King County coal town located four miles northeast of Black Diamond. It was situated on the Northern Pacific Railroad line. In 1904, the Washington Bureau of Statistics reported that the coalmine in Ravensdale, owned by the Northwest Improvement Co., produced 183,883 tons of coal and employed 280 men, 250 of them underground and 30 on the outside.