On September 25, 1901, after being closed for seven years, the Covington Post Office reopened. Lewis E. Whitfield was the new postmaster. On December 14, 1903, the post office is closed, and a new post office will not be built until 2001.
Covington is located 20 miles south of Seattle 6.5 miles southeast of Kent. It was located along the route of the Northern Pacific Railroad line.