On March 3, 1890, the name Snoqualmie was changed to Mountain View. Alfred A. Fisk was postmaster at the time of the name change. He distributed mail from his store at a road tollgate.
The U.S. Post Office Department objected to the name Mountain View, and on December 31, 1890, the name was changed to North Bend. Fisk still was acting as postmaster at the time of the name change.
The North Bend post office is located on the Snoqualmie River at the northeast quarter of Section 9 Township 23 N Range 8 E. This should not be confused with the Snoqualmie Post Office, established in 1889, and located three miles northwest of North Bend, which continues (in 1998) to operate.