Address: 10235 62nd Avenue South, Seattle. Old Firehouse #33 was built in 1914 to accomodate a single, horse-drawn fire engine of the Seattle Fire Department. It was designed in a modified Tudor style to fit architecturally into the Lakeridge residential neighborhood near Rainier Beach.
The hose tower was sunk into the ground rather than built above the roof line. The floor of the single equipment bay was sloped to reduce the starting jolt for the horses responding to a fire alarm.
In 1924, the horses left firehouse and it was home to a motorized engine company. The city sold the building in 1973 and it became a private residence. In 1976, the structure was designated a landmark.