On June 14, 1904, 17 carpenters in Georgetown form the Carpenters' and Joiners' Union Local No. 550. The union is a branch of the Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners. The carpenters establish their local the same year that Georgetown is incorporated as a town.
From 1904 to 1906, wages are $4 per day and by 1908 are increased to $5. By 1910, wages have been reduced to $4.50 per day.
[Washington] Bureau of Labor, Seventh Biennial Report of the Bureau of Labor Statistics and Factory Inspection 1909-1910 (Olympia: E.L. Boardman, Public Printer, 1910), 48.
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You